Our Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) practice was specifically set up to help clients invest in Mongolia. We specialize in the forms of business entities available under Mongolian law.
Out team of expatriate and Thai lawyers are well versed in working across industries and navigating the regulations associated with the Mongolian FDI framework. We work in close collaboration with our Corporate and Commercial practice so as to ensure that our clients’ investments match with their business objectives and investment needs.
Our Mongolian lawyers prepare joint venture and shareholder agreements and associated documents, and provide advice as to the best shareholding structure for a foreign company to be able to conduct business in Mongolia.
We can also advise foreign investors on how to acquire land or take on a long-term lease, establish factories, and acquire the relevant permits and licenses.
Our FDI services include:
- Mergers, acquisitions and dispositions of assets
- Business formation, including alternative business structures
- Stock sales and exchanges
- Acquisitions and dispositions of corporate, limited liability entities, partnership interests and joint venture interests
- Tender offers
- Recapitalizations and other similar transactions.
- Counsel for clients on structuring transactions and legal terms
- Assistance in negotiating transactions
- Prepare documents to effect the transaction and handle closings.
- Issuance of stock or other equity to founders and shareholders
- Buy-sell, voting or other agreements among owners
- Employment agreements and employee incentive arrangements
- Incorporation, business plan preparation, seed and angel investor financing
- Venture capital investment
- Intellectual property evaluation
- Registration and protection
- Employment matters
- Strategic partnerships and business combinations